Table of Contents
Hard surface flooring has had a stellar run in the last few years, with new materials like luxury vinyl and fabulous new colors making it an appealing option. But there’s always a place for stylish carpeting. Design experts say carpet is back in a big way for 2022. And that trend is all about self-expression. We all know gray vinyl looks terrific, but sometimes it feels like everybody has it. Carpet allows you to make a design statement and show off your individuality. Some of the reasons we’re returning to carpet include:
- Softness, comfort, and insulation create a cozy, calm, and quiet atmosphere.
- Colors and patterns offer opportunities for fun and expression. There are more cool options and new looks than ever.
- Pricing: top-quality carpet is still less expensive than hardwood.
- New materials are easy to clean and care for.
Where Should I Consider Carpet In My Home?
Some spaces in our homes are a natural fit for carpeting.
- Bedrooms are one of the top locations. There’s nothing like waking up and putting your feet on a soft, plush carpet. Today’s high-pile options are more luxurious and inviting than ever.
- Small spaces can benefit from fun designs and splashy colors. Patterned and brightly colored carpet works well in offices, studies, or craft rooms.
- Carpeting in living rooms and family areas offers coziness and warmth with a sense of energy and fun or peace and calm. You can change the vibe with your color, pattern, and texture choices.
- Of course, just because an area has higher traffic doesn’t mean you can’t choose carpet. There are plenty of durable options that work well for stairs, hallways, and other busy spots.
- Carpeting can also minimize echo and sound, making it an ideal choice for certain rooms and for stairs, even as a runner over your hard flooring.
What Are Top Carpet Trends for 2022?
We love what we’re seeing in carpeting for 2022. There’s truly something for everyone. Here’s a look at some of our favorites:
- Patterns are hot. Geometric patterns are on the rise and can be a bold, eye-catching choice, especially for a family room or a space where you entertain frequently. Old school Oriental rug looks and floral patterns are also back–and just lovely. Stripes and animal prints hide the dirt if you have kids and pets, and they’re also super fun.
- Carpet tiles and planks are a thing for 2022. Think luxury vinyl but with carpet. You can create your own fun patterns, and they’re easy to replace in case of stains or damage.
- We’re craving color in 2022, including splashes of bright color and jewel tones like rich reds, greens and blues.
- On the flip side, we’re also going after a sense of peace and calm. Naturals and neutrals are still big, including neutral colors and natural fibers like wool and sisal.
- After a couple of tough years, folks want a little luxury. Plush, high-pile carpets are in-demand, especially in bedrooms and low traffic areas.
Are Carpets Harder To Care For?
One of the reasons new hard flooring options hit the big time in recent years is ease of care. However, today’s new carpet materials from top suppliers like Karastan are easier than ever to clean and maintain. All you need is:
- Routine vacuuming.
- Stain removal as directed by the manufacturer
- Occasional deep cleanings by trusted professionals like Loudoun Carpet Care.
How Can I Choose The Carpet That’s Right For Me?
When choosing a carpet, the primary considerations are color, pattern, texture and where you’ll be using it. We have more options than ever for materials, including durable nylon and hybrids like Karastan SmartStrand, an easy-to-clean blend of polyester and nylon fibers. At Loudoun Valley Floors, we’ve built a reputation as flooring experts. But we also have a softer side. Our experienced team can help you choose the right look for you and offer advice on incorporating carpet into your decor. We’ll help you blend carpet and hard surfaces for a harmonious look that suits your practical needs and design goals.