Do you think of grandma’s orange shag when you think of textured carpet? We’ve got news for you. Textured and patterned carpets have come a long way. Today’s textures and patterns are sophisticated, elegant, and bold. After years of neutrals reigning, many style-savvy homeowners are ready for some fun and adventure. And 21st Century patterns and textures are a far cry from the kitschy looks of decades gone by.
Which Rooms Work Best With Patterned Carpets?
Today’s patterns and textures can work just about anywhere. However, some rooms invite a fresh and different look. Living rooms and dining rooms are ideal for patterned carpets. They offer an artistic edge and create a true centerpiece for the room. Patterned carpets are also an excellent choice in smaller spaces, where they can make the room pop and even seem larger (with horizontal or vertical stripes). We love patterned carpets in offices, sunrooms, children’s bedrooms, and guest rooms. A bold pattern is a bold choice but one that can mean fabulous results.
What Are My Options for Textured Carpets?
Textured carpets are again on trend – a far cry from the rough shags of decades past. Some of our favorites include:
- From floral to geometric designs, textured patterns add understated flair to any room.
- Deep pile shag carpets are back with a cool and funky appeal. Today’s fibers give them a different look and feel than grandma’s shag.
- Frieze is another contemporary take on old-school shag. Its tightly twisted fibers look curly or kinked. It’s durable and ideal for high-traffic areas.
- Textured plush is similar to a plush pile. However, carpet fibers are cut at different lengths and angles, adding richness and depth.
- Low Berbers are durable and a perfect choice for high-traffic areas.
- A woven loop creates a braided look, using uncut loop fibers for a classic, elegant style.
How Should I Care for Patterned or Textured Carpet?
Caring for your textured or patterned carpet follows the basic rules of carpet care. However, your specialty carpet may require extra TLC to avoid bleeding or crushing delicate textured fibers.
- Install a quality carpet pad to prevent wear and tear.
- Vacuum weekly to remove dust and dirt from everyday use.
- Spot clean spills immediately.
- Invest in a professional deep clean once or twice a year with a reputable service like Loudoun Carpet Care. Choose a professional service whose team members know how to care for your patterned or textured carpets to protect vibrant colors and delicate textured fibers.
How Can I Choose a Patterned or Textured Carpet?
When we choose a textured or patterned carpet, we’re going for a unique and eye-catching look. However, we also want a quality carpet that will last. Karastan carpet offers the best of both worlds: gorgeous designs combined with quality and durability. Karastan creates traditional and contemporary patterns, from classic florals to geometric patterns for a modern look. Pinpoint, grid, and chevron patterns create an illusion of texture with subtle forms. Karastan offers the hottest colors, from bold to understated. Karastan’s high-quality materials include:
- SmartStrand material with built-in stain and soil protection for easy cleaning.
- “Kashmere” nylon carpets combine a luxurious feel, fine craftsmanship and trend-setting style with durability.
- Beautifully textured wool, including woven loop and large loop styles.
Whether you’re going for elegant and understated or bright and bold, the experts at Loudoun Valley Floors can help you choose a textured or patterned carpet for any room in your home. We work with the best suppliers and brands, and our professional installation teams help you create the perfect look for every environment.